Thursday, November 15, 2007

Lazy Meets Her Match with Exotic Destinations

Lately, it's been difficult to peel myself away from the travel channel. Tuesday, I managed to log in more hours behind the screen than a viewing of Gone With The Wind. There is a body crevice just formed to my expanding shape.

Monday was a great start. I went to LT in my maternity workout shirt and sweated 700 calories off in one hour of Cardio Resistance Training. Avery spent the time running around the jungle gym with her friends which usually only have boy names and sliding down the slide. Then, after Dave supported the idea of cereal for dinner, we headed out to the gym
again...together. It is my favorite way to sneak in a date. He didn't go to the big boy area where we were on Saturday. I don't like to go over there during busy hours. It can be extremely crowded and I am easily annoyed at men who 1) can lift 350 lbs, but re-rack NONE 2)all the grunting, slamming, waiting, and stinkiness is too much testosterone than this chica can handle. I might love the smell of sweat, but not the residual kind. YEEECK!

Tuesday morning my new love for Yoga came and went without my attendence. I couldn't stretch out my triceps from the burning sensation and frankly I didn't wanna get going at 8:15 in the morning. Some how, after all the travelling I did through the travel channel, I flipped to FIT tv. Maybe, watching will bring inspiration...

Wednesday, the highlight and haircut take place. Marye, my hair dresser, bless her heart, has to ask the salon coordinator to "please, turn on the air" because my cuerpo/hormones renerated so much heat that she felt an electric heater had taken the place of her client and sat in the chair for 3 hours on full blast. Was I just saying something about residual stink/sweat? I'm sorry, Marye!

Today is a new day. My workout clothes are waiting dutifully for me. First, big plans to meet with the 1st grade room moms for holiday "heehaw" party planning...Avery in tow. Will's last visit to the allergist for his two a week shots. Celebration lunch...celebrating Will, Avery, and Mom time and frankly, because it's Thursday. Then I promise a trip to the gym... all in good time, right!?!

3 comments:

TMK said...

So did you go to LT?!?!?!?
NEXT WEEK, free at last, free at last. but broker than ever, but free at last.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congrats! Have one for me, too, while you're at it! :)

Anonymous said...

Nanu, Tmk, I'll see you at the gym.

Pisser..I second that statement.
And she turns out some good ones too!