Sunday, November 04, 2007

A Welcomed Physical Assault

After a labor day's Whine Race 5 miler, I signed up for the Nov. 3rd Wurstfest 5 miler. A few things have happened since, it might be from the wine. Yesterday, Dave, Avery, Will and I pull up to the race as runners rush past in blazing glory and unhurriedly, we turn around and head to the closest IHOP in New Braunfels.

Okay, it's a little secret I've kept. TK, Jana, Nanu, you know, but I've been pretty sushed about it (unless you are the cashier, pharmacist, greeter at Wally-World). For some reason it just slips, but I really wanted to be quiet until week 13 is over. Well I don't like to keep secrets...
so I'll tell you. This house is expecting another. What do I think - three is a blessing, we are so excited, I'm officially a small child wrangler for life and I'm still smiling!

It's week 9 in the little olives lifespan. He/she is taking over my senses, uterus, and 140 lbs. body. I'm going to be honest here, I really liked being below 140 and at 5'8 can gain a LOT of weight when I'm preggers. Realistically, I can't be 130 lbs, but I can avoid weighing as much as Dave when we are delivering. Can you help? I know, don't eat bad stuff, but have you ever told a pregnant woman to stay away from a buffet line? Don't go there, it won't be pleasant...

I am soley concentrating on having a healthy baby and being a good mommy/ wife/ friend/ sister/ daughter, that's all. As far as trophy winning, running races for is a sweet memory, but I'll be there again in June...okay, July, when babiest bear is here, I'm not breastfeeding, and my abdominal muscles won't fall through.

Did you hear that? I'm not breastfeeding! I know, Dave can't believe it, but I'm really not. If I say it enough, he'll believe me. It is because I'm playing the three card... three is a house full. Will and Avery both wanna feed the baby. I can't deprive them. Plus, Dave really likes to take an active role that requires sitting and cooing. Don't follow in my footsteps, but I'm out the door, sista, without my shirt up and milk leaking.

So I'll be a better blogger... I've stepped away from the coolness of the porcelein rim and actually feel alive again. I've surrender my size 6s to Size Meduim maternity clothes so I'm in comfortable place. I weigh 145 lbs this morning and I run a mean 10 minute mile. Anything else is strictly confidental...hah!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

its okay nanu I know all your secrets and keep them in my pocket. Except for the one about Dave, haha,just kidding. I know I freaked him out about one day telling him that you had told me about gastrointestinal issues between ya'll. I swear I don't know secrets between you and him besides that..hear that Dave.
I am really happy for you all.
Looking forward to the future of more baby holding.
I love babies. Especially your kids. You teach them well.

Anonymous said...

OK Snow White...YOU CAN"T MOVE!!!!!!!!!!
What would I do if you didn't live across the street? Don't move. We can make them fit in the house-they are all little :-)
Can you tell I am still worrying about this.
And-stop worrying about how much you weigh. I still blame my excess on baby weight and the youngest one is 8
Love ya sista
jana

Anonymous said...

OH yeah.. I forgot to publicly say-now that I can-congrats...you are a great mom, what a lucky baby
jana