Thursday, June 07, 2012

Sometimes You Just Gotta

Turning 34, I've come to the utterly heartbreaking, innocence deprived, slap in the face realization that once in a while you have to FORCE yourself to do things you plain and simple do NOT want to do....like 1) get out off bed and take a shower 2) feed your children and loved ones including yourself food that does not come out of a box 3) be an agreeable wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend and repeat step 1.
Lately, this get out of bed ideology is foreign to me. While this is certainly out of my norm, I have slowly learned that sleep is not just a necessary task, it is a pleasure, it is a coveted treasure one only truly enjoys after being deprived (ie having children).
But really!!! lately during battles with the snooze button, extended nap times, and early to bed giddiness, I need to wake up. Life is (cringe) passing me by while I make 101 excuses to just lie here. Recently I have found my recent statements of a "girls gotta dream", or "but when I wake up I have to work", or "I feel so tired" (from doing what exactly?) are getting a little stale (like my hair smell to this pillow). So PS I gotta get my butt out of this bed and check back into my real life away from this saggy mattress...even if it is for stale coffee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like sound advice!