Tuesday, October 03, 2006

A is for Avery!

My Avery-bear must come from different stock... two parts daddy, .25 Mommy, and other unknown sources - hummm? She is who she is and that's is simply it. Most days we go with the flow; she's happiest doing her own thing. However, when we do get out in public she can be a bit of a diva. I said long before I had children I would not genderize. I would not label. I would only make sound choice in nutrition. I would not yell. And I would get down and play, who needs a tv? But, holy mother, with this girl it's all out the door.
  Posted by Picasa
Will, bless his heart, is a people pleaser. He loves everyone. If you tell him something he doesn't like to hear, it upsets him. He personalizes everything. He is my outgoing, talkative, open-hearted, old soul. On the other hand, Avery seems...I hate saying this out loud, well, she hates hate people. There, it's out there: I'm typecasting her future. She'll be tragically subjected to this fate just because I wrote it in a blog. She really is sweet (to me) but when we get outside the realm of this house, she wants nothing to do with anyone. She may look sweet and every little Granny this side of San Antonio coo over her cuteness.

The Gs: "Oh My! What a sweet little girl."

Avery: "No! Leaf me awone wad-y."

Grannis Chuckling :"Dear, did you just wake up? Are you not feeling well?"

Avery: "It's not funny ."

Then it's time for Mommy intervention.
A) "Your right, she's not feeling like herself."
B)"Yes, she's a BIT cranky."
C) No, she just doesn't like people.
 
While with Will this would have embarrassed me and I would have poured over some psychological babble about the age, sleep schedule, diet while in the womb with Avery it's just a simple answer. Sometimes, I think she just thinks it's plain funny to be mean as hell.


I would never trade her in for a different model. When running errands in October she can wear her Santa Claus ("I be HO! HO! HO!"), scream at a Granny or two, open the door to the changing room at Gap while Mommy's just slid off the 20th pair of jeans, I will always cherish who she is, because, to me, she is simply irresistible.

3 comments:

TMK said...

Oh Avery! I have been shot the look a couple of times, but she is just too cute to care. I love that, NO. Leaf me awone wad-y. And who cares if she opens the door at the Gap, you bought a size 4!!!! You should show that off!

Anonymous said...

I loooooooveeee you AVERY & WILL.

I'll bring the candy next time..keep up the good work..its payback for all the things mommy did to her nanu when they were little...

haha, love you nanu..they are so cute..i can't get enough of them or your stories..good thing i don't get the "leaf me alone..wady" yet! I think that would hurt 4 a bit...hugs and kisses. yeah and you need to eat..there is no one in our family who needs to wear a 4! you're 5 freaking 8 inches tall--that means you should wear between a 8 to a 10 darling. EAT SOME REAL FOOD! OR I will just transfer my extra adipose tissue to you, and change your diet soda to full strength and slip in weight gainer.

Pisser said...

That pic of A looking deeply impressed is my favorite.