Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Global Warming at it's finest in D Town

I'm protesting 107 degree Dallas heat. So far no one's listening, but I have a few fans. It's disgustingly hot! This morning we went to visit my sister in law and my beautiful niece who is turning 2 tomorrow. She and Avery are so cute together; they irresistibly chase each other around and share baby dolls. My parents live 20 minutes away and we get to play when we come in town - which during the school year doesn't mean much, but in the summer we play catch up.

My sister in law is 8 months pregnant with baby 2 and is moving at a much faster speed than I can with the air conditioning set a 55. So she invites us over for some sprinkler time at a local park. And despite the urge to sit under the fan in a dark room, Ave and I head over for our play date at 9am, swimsuits in hand. It’s a good thing, because the second we hit the park the girls were shrieking with excitement (okay, mostly Ave, my niece would just smile her beautiful smile) and it was so infectious you wanted to splash around too.

Just one thing, it's not even 10am and I have soaked through my shirt in sweat. No wet t-shirt contest here, just one sweaty, stinky Mom, trying miserable to escape from this Hell that's located 267 miles north of MY HOME! I don't won't to seem like I'm not having fun, but I've been a cranky kitty since I've been here and it's simply related to heat. There is no shade, I can't escape.

5 comments:

Pisser said...

Dark room, dark padded room sounds good...here, we call it an edit bay o_O

aes said...

nanu

come back home...

please.

i'll turn on the sprinklers for you in your yard..

you can swim with me.
so sad...i miss u..is the pergo floor better now..are mom and dad happy now..u know i'm probably going to be there next week..it will be like 2 weeks without u.
oh dear. ~hugs to you and the babies~ hey is Ave going to party the big 2? I'm about to go to toys r' us...hmm.
luv u.

TMK said...

sorry it's so freakin' hot there! it's not too much better here missy.

Anonymous said...

come home and you can just walk across the street and jump in the pool-it is great-not too cold, not too hot, just right....i sound like goldilocks haha
i have to go to castroville tomorrow-wish you could go with me cause who else am i going to talk to...come home cause i need to shop for school clothes :-(
jana

Anonymous said...

oh Anne, it's not much cooler here but at least you have me, Amy & Tracy to play with! won't you please come home??? :)